1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Shock 2 > PC via USB

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Lex, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

Anyone ever tried one of these ? It is a gizmo which converts your PS2 controller into USB so that you can use it on your PC games.
    Sounds like it would be good, but I I was just wondering about configuration - does it work with all games, can you configure it within games?

Any thought or insights appreciated! ;)

2. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many of these adapters have been out for some time... Personally I've never used one because I bought a Thrustmaster Firestorm Duel Power ... Long title indeed but its the best PC gamepad by miles.

[​IMG]

I assume that the PS2 Dual Shock 2 pad would be configured by using 3rd party drivers... God knows how reliable they are though but they should be technically decent... Since it would have to use DirectX to get any sort of rumble from the games.

This pad though does reek of class... Its made out of hard plastic but has a soft rubber texture to improve grip, the buttons are responsive and the thumb sticks are very precise. 2 rumble motors as well to simulate force feedback. I bought mine for £20 in PC World quite some time ago and its simple to install (USB). Can be fully edited for any videogame and has comprehensive editing modes for peeps who really want to customise their controls.

All in all its the best PC pad I've encountered... By all means try before you buy ^_^