Dual set-up wiring dilemma - Clever people please help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by staxdoobie, Aug 9, 2006.

1. staxdoobie

staxdoobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I hope someone clever can find the time to answer the following query, which has left me dumbfounded. I currently have a Toshiba Rear Pro TV connected via RGB scart to the RGB input of a Panasonic DVD recorder, which is being used as a pass-thru to Sky+. Sky and DVD are connected to a Yamaha DSPAX630 amp via digital optical. All fine and dandy there.

Here's the complicated bit. I'm about to chuck an InFocus IN76 HD-Ready projector and Sky HD into the mix, and have NO clue as to how to wire all this up so that both the TV and the projector will be connected to Sky HD, the DVD recorder and the amp (so that the DVD can also record from Sky). I would ideally like to connect the TV to Sky HD via component (the TV isn't HD ready though) and the projector via HDMI. The amp handles component switching, if that helps. Personally, I'm not even sure what that is. The DVD recorder has only an RGB scart connection, but I'd ideally like a DVD that upscales to HD and has component/HDMI connections, if this would make the wiring job simpler.

I hope someone can find the time and patience to explain this wiring nightmare to a relatively stupid person.

Many thanks in advance.