• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dual Screen Issue - Full Screen Video?

Jonesy012

Prominent Member
Hey guys,

Recently entered the world of dual screen in the form of utilising a wall-mounted TV that came in my new flat. I thought, why not use the secondary display for, well, whatever.

My issue is simple. Whenever I try to play a video in full screen it automatically goes back to the primary display, when in reality I want it to be on the secondary monitor so I can watch some crap as I do something else, or game.

Does anybody know what may be causing this, or how to resolve it?

Additionally, the picture doesn't seem to fill the second monitor fully. I have tried multiple other resolutions. Could is be driver/software issue I haven't installed?

Jonesy

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Does anybody know what may be causing this, or how to resolve it?

It may just be the program failing to check for multiple screens when you tell it to go full screen, which video player are you using?

Additionally, the picture doesn't seem to fill the second monitor fully. I have tried multiple other resolutions. Could is be driver/software issue I haven't installed?

It's usually the TV underscanning the picture, see if you can find any options in the menu to disable resizing (over/underscan, 1:1, pixel perfect, PC mode etc.) You can likely compensate for it in your graphics control panel but the picture won't be as sharp as getting the TV to co-operate.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom