Dual output from SKY+ HD box

drdavewatford

Standard Member
Hi,
Quick question : my SKY box is currently connected to my TV via HDMI, but I'm thinking of also buying a slingbox which I'd connect via component cables. Does the SKY box send out the TV signal via HDMI and component at the same time, or will it shut off component output when HDMI is plugged in ? Obvously I'm hoping I don't need to change menu settings and/or plug/unplug cables every time I use the Slingbox.
Thanks !
David.

Stevenage Neil

Same set up as myself, and yes it does output both together.

One thing to note: If your TV is not switched on and you use Slingbox you will get an error message saying "This display does not support HDCP". Just hit X on your keyboard or the Back button on your "Slingbox Remote" to get the picture. (You have to do this each time you change channel)

drdavewatford

Standard Member
Many thanks, Neil - perfect ! I'll put in my Amazon order for the Slingbox today, once I've figured out whether I'm going to need the Solo or the Pro. And thanks also for the tip regarding the HDCP error message, which should save me from stressing later on !

drdavewatford

Standard Member
Sorry, quick follow up question - the SKY box is currently connected to the TV via an optical cable; I assume I'll connect to the Slingbox using standard phono cables, in which case I'm hoping that the box will output sound simultaneously via the optical and phono cables....correct ?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom