1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual monitors with Nvidea

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Ken, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Ken

Ken
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a monitor and a projector connected to a 6600gt card, if I turn on the system with only the monitor turned on the card only recognises that and changes to single monitor; which means that when I then turn on the projector, it is not seen until I tell the card to change back to clone or dual view mode.
    Is there a trick to this as my ati card never did this? Is there a way to lock the settings in?

Ken

2. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    I don't know how to fix your problems as I always buy ATI cards these days, but I'm intrigued why you would put a NVidia card in a HTPC?

Rob.

3. starfire

starfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I have an FX5200 and see the same issue, guess its a driver thing - I get around it by using nvidia profiles and loading a profile via my front end (myHTPC) which has both the tv and projector in clone mode.

4. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well for one theres no ATI cards which match the 6600GT for gaming at the same price point and many use there HCPC for gaming (i know i do)
    6600GT Is a superb card and offers alot for your money.

I have a Plasma and TFT connected to the card and just switch between them using hot keys

5. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I bought mine specifically for use with Theatertek 2 which uses the NVIDIA codecs.PQ is better than the Radeon 9500 pro I was using

I have a PJ@1280x720 and a 7" touchscreen tft @640x480 connected to my 6600GT and have no problems running both at different resolutions,running 7124 drivers.
    Rob

6. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have a 5200 and don't have your problem :confused: Can turn on PC with only monitor powered on, yet both monitors are recognised in windows. The projector is a Panasonic AE200, and is in standby mode if that's what's making the difference. Not much help, I'll try flicking the power off to the projector altogether next time I reboot to see if it still works, and find out if it's a projector issue or graphics card issue for you.

7. Ken

Ken
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Same reason here; in fact exactly the same application, except I am using the 71.80 drivers; though I doubt that will make a difference; seeing as it never worked with any of the drivers so far.
    Rob are you running in Dual view mode?

My projector is also in standby mode (Sharp Z9000) but it has never ever been recognised by windows, no matter which card.
    It's as if the video card does a scan for connected monitors at startup, but doesn't see the projector.
    For now I am just using Hibernate until I can get a solution.

Thanks for your comments guys,

Ken

8. hammy2891

hammy2891

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys'

got the same problem using fx5200 with dvi out to the pj,nvidia seems very eratic in picking up the pj but when it does it names it correctly as sanyo and model No' but as soon as i go in to the properties it drops the connection this happens in both dualview and clone it then wont pick it up again until it feels like it,with so many people now using nvidia cards and drivers this should have been solved by now i never had any of these problems using vga(hd15).
    please nvidia get someone working on this annoying querk its now beginning to p**s me off.

hammy

9. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yep Panny Ae500 is on DVI as monitor 1 the touchscreen is primary monitor with DVI convertor as monitor 2.
    All icons are on the touchscreen,with TT2 and Dscaler opening up on the PJ for viewing.
    Occasionally have to disable the PJ when messing about but it works,as I can now browse and play my CD collection without the PJ on,which was the whole point really for the touchscreen.
    The 6600GT has proved more reliable than my Radeon 9500PRO,had real problems with the above setup running two monitors with different resolutions on the Radeon.
    Rob

10. Ken

Ken
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hmmm. The only real difference is the projector model and dvi opposed to vga; other than that our set ups are very similar.
    I have to agree, the 6600 is much better for displays set to different resolutions.
    I wonder if I could create a monitor .inf at a max res of 1280x720, then set the display as fixed timing; I know that will work with the 4:3 monitor .inf available in windows; I'll try that I think, just not certain of the process, guess I'll figure it out eventually.

Ken

11. mrm3

mrm3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I have found ATI to be quite good and all using mutliple monitors with different res.
    Currently using ATi X800 XT PE, 9700Pro and Ati laptop gfx.