Dual Monitor set up. screen save only works on one! help

D

Deleted member 13294

I assume you've got one monitor connected via DVI, and the other via VGA?

Simply go to your desktop, select properties and then the settings tab. You will see a representation of the monitors available. Click ont he one that is greyed out, and then tick the "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" box.

This can handle monitors with different resolutions fine, I don't see any need for any third party products.

I'm using it now. Got a 1440 * 900 and 1600 * 1200 dual monitor setup that I share between my desktop and my work laptop.

shahedz

Distinguished Member
I assume you've got one monitor connected via DVI, and the other via VGA?

Simply go to your desktop, select properties and then the settings tab. You will see a representation of the monitors available. Click ont he one that is greyed out, and then tick the "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" box.

This can handle monitors with different resolutions fine, I don't see any need for any third party products.

I'm using it now. Got a 1440 * 900 and 1600 * 1200 dual monitor setup that I share between my desktop and my work laptop.

i got dual vga on the onbaord shuttle motherboard, i am awaiting delivery of another VGA pCI card and may buy ultramon to manage it all but in the meantime anyway i can do it now?