Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dual Monitor Problems

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Tomfoolery, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

I have the Panasonic AE200 projector and a normal 17" LCD monitor. I recently bought an Asus V9520 Nvidia FX5200 card with dual output to connect to the monitor and projector.

I was hoping that I would just be able to set up the resolution for the projector and the monitor, then be on my way with using it as a HTPC to display DVDs full screen using video mirroring via the new card and the projector (on the second monitor output).

However, I've spent the last few hours with both turned on trying to get it to work. No matter what I do, I can't get the output to be wide480 (I have PC priority set to wide in the PJ's options). When I use either powerstrip, or the list all modes function of windows to set the resolution to 856x480, it just doesn't work. The picture is completely out of place (horizontally, the edges are in the middle of the screen).

It's really frustrating, I've tried everything I can think of. In the end, the only way it would work was to set both monitors to 800x600 and have the projector strech the image. This then led to terrible results when watching movies. (input showed on projector as vga 600, meaning it must've been showing a widescreen movie inside a widescreen boundry, if you get what I mean).

Has anyone got any tips on how they managed to get two monitors working just to the point where I could use the one monitor for normal usage, and have movies be displayed full screen on the projector when I wanted to?

I downloaded the latest drivers, and this made no difference.

Thanks

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I always recommend setting the custom resolution first with only the projector connected.

When that's done & saved, then connect both display devices & use hotkeys (shortcut keys) to switch resolutions & displays.

This sequence is even more important when DVI is in use.

Recheck your new resolution - if it's not exact it'll cause problems. Also try the "auto set" function on the AE200 - make sure it syncs correctly to the 856x480 resolution.

Best of luck.

3. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks, that was a great tip and meant I managed to get it working right.

Having the projector in on it's own seemed to make the resolution work, then it was a case of plugging the other monitor in and it working just fine.

Thanks very much.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problem ;)

Glad you got it sorted.

5. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +877
    Kramer, I've got an irritating little problem with my dual display. I have my HS10 on permanently on standby and plugged in to the DVI port on my Radeon 9500. My 17" TFT is plugged into the VGA. Well, problem is that games are detecting the HS10 and won't give me greater than 1024 x 768 even though my TFT is set as the primary monitor. Apart from this everything works fine and the films are fantastic with 1:1 pixel mapping through DVI. Any thoughts?

Jules