1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual monitor - audio question

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by stainless-stan, Oct 17, 2005.

1. stainless-stan

stainless-stan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've done a search, but can't find any threads pertaining to how best to set up the audio on my Media Centre PC. At the moment I have a 19" TFT that I use as my pc screen and a 17" LCD television in a different room to view Media Centre. I have a Creative Audigy 2ZS to which I have a splitter to provide the audio to both screens. I can then turn off the pc audio when I'm watching television via MCE. However, I am getting a hum when watching the tele and it's starting to annoy! Is there a better way to connect audio? :lease:

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    This rings bells, I used to have a similar set-up and I think it was called ground loop hum or something like that. I bought a little converter that 'cleaned' the audio signal to the second tv and it fixed it... sorry I can't be more specific but it was a few years ago, a google search may reveal more.

lisa

3. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    YOu could use both digital and analogue outputs on the card?.....

4. stainless-stan

stainless-stan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. Of course you're both right. Think the digital and analogue option might be best/ least hassle.
    :thumbsup:

5. scouse

scouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Stan, on your setup can you have the two different audio outputs running at the same time with the splitter you are using?

Also can you use the pc on one monitor and watch tv via mce on the other screen at the same time also without either programs coming out of focus?

ben