1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer player recommendations?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ipodrob, Mar 12, 2005.

1. ipodrob

ipodrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

i've just got the Cello 8105 dvd player but it doesn't seem to want to play back my own DVD+R double layer discs.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with this player and double layer discs or it looks like i might have to take it back & re-think my choice.

Can anyone recommend a multi-region player that's compatable with DVD+ & - and dual layer discs. I'm looking to spend under £100, am i asking too much?

cheers,

rob.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Dual layer DVDs are still very new and in most cases they are incompatable with standalone DVD players. The problem tends to have a lot more to do with the authoring software used to create the discs rather than the player itself. Until the software catches up with the hardware I think most players will still have these problems playing the DL discs.
    A couple of months ago I saw a review compareing several DL burners in a mag that recommended to just use them as single layer burners until the price of media drops (which has already started to happen) and the software for authoring DL has vastly improved, which to the best of my knowledge has still not fully happened - yet!
    For more info on the DVD players that can play DL DVD have a look Here and do a search for your player.

Mark.