• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dual Layer Disc compatibility resolved thanks to Pioneer DV410S!

Shenoizy

Established Member
I don't know about you guys but for years I've always had trouble playing dual layer discs (DVD+R DL) on all of my DVD players/recorders.

Even players that state they are compatible with such discs suffered from errors such as being able to play half to three-quarters of the disc and then stuttering and eventually stopping and complaining that "The Disc Is Dirty". I've used two Sony recorders (HX-510 and HDR-870) and they've both complained towards the end of the disc. Even my recent Panasonic DMR-EX768 wasn't entirely happy with them.

At long last, however, I've found a manufacturer that seems to do the job - Pioneer. I tested one of its most basic models (DV410S) yesterday and it played my dual layer discs flawlessly. I'm so impressed with it.:clap: I only hope that all Pioneer disc players are as good with all dual layer discs.

It's so frustrating that you have to get the right disc manufacturer as well as the right player manufacturer just to read discs that you have created.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom