1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Head Geforce 6600GT

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Atari, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Atari

Atari
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a Geforce 6600GT and have both my 17" LCD screen and projector (AE300) connected to it. Both with a VGA connection (one is through DVI-VGA converter).

I was wondering if one output is better than the other or are both the same quality. Should the projector be connected to one or the other for timing issues (seem to remember something about internal and external TDMS).

many thanks

Andrew

2. Atari

Atari
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Silly me after seeing the spec below from the Nvidia website both outputs should be exaclty the same for VGA. Trouble with this hobby is that you always want to push that little bit further , and my wife still thinks it looks the same after hours of tweaking :laugh:

Advanced Video and Display Functionality

Dedicated on-chip video processor
    MPEG video encode and decode
    WMV9 decode acceleration
    Advanced adaptive de-interlacing
    High-quality video scaling and filtering
    DVD and HDTV-ready MPEG-2 decoding up to 1920x1080i resolutions
    Dual integrated 400 MHz RAMDACs for display resolutions up to and including 2048 × 1536 at 85Hz
    Dual DVO ports for interfacing to external TMDS transmitters and external TV encoders

Microsoft® Video Mixing Renderer (VMR) supports multiple video windows with full video quality and features in each window
    Full NVIDIA® nView™ multi-display technology capability

Advanced Display Functionality

Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for display resolutions up to and including 2048x1536 at 85hz
    Dual DVO ports for interfacing to external TMDS transmitters and external TV encoders

Full NVIDIA® nView™ multi-display technology capability

Have a good weekend all

Andrew

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I did post a reply suggesting the VGA output in the DVI-I was the same, but deleted it in case there was something I didn't know. :)