Dual function Monitor/TV - Suggestions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by MyNameIsFelix, Sep 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. MyNameIsFelix

MyNameIsFelix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to start at university at the end of the month and I was wondering if there are any good TVs that could also double up as a PC monitor. Hopefully something relatively small (around 20") and HD ready. It's main function will be for console gaming, and secondly as a PC monitor. A TV tuner doesn't matter since I wont have a TV license.

I've seen the Samsung SM940MW but are there any better options? :lease:

EDIT: I should probably mention that I've only had hand-me-downs until now and I've never bought a TV before!

2. flygti

flygti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi

Have just purchased the Samsung SM225MW from Argos for 249 inc vat.
    It is a 22" widescreen 1680 x 1050 monitor and HD Television. Has all the inputs you could want - HDMI, DVI, Component, RGB, Scart and of course VGA. So you can hook it up to just about anything. Only negative there is that it is analogue only - no digital tuner.

As a TV it is not great picture quality although my wife and daughter say it is 'fine'. As a monitor it is very good and I am sure it will be good for Xbox/PS3 as well.

Looks very smart in gloss black surround and a thin silver strip along the bottom.

To top it off it comes with a 3 year warranty.

You may also want to check out the LG 22LS4R. Do a search on these forums for 22LS4R and 225MW and see what others have to say.