• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dual F-Type Cable - Where can I find them?

Dexter1759

Standard Member
Hi All,

Simple question, my OH recently moved in to a new apartment that has a faceplate with two F-Type connectors on it.

I went to install the Sky+ box, but realised I didn't have the nice dual/double f-Type cable. You know the type where it's simply two cables but stuck together.

Looks a lot tidier than getting two separate cables.

I've tried search for Dual/double f-type cables but can't seem to find them.

Is is a case of buying a dual coax and putting the f-type connectors on myself?

Many thanks,
Dex

Dexter1759

Standard Member
Ah cheers, I guessed I was simply searching for the wrong thing.

are they easy enough to come by pre-made or should I get teh coax and connector seperately? If so, can the be put together easily, without the need for any special tools/crimpers?

Thanks again.

John

screwfix do a screw on F plug. Just prep the cable and away you go. easier than fitting a plug

solidamber

Established Member
Ah cheers, I guessed I was simply searching for the wrong thing.

are they easy enough to come by pre-made or should I get teh coax and connector seperately? If so, can the be put together easily, without the need for any special tools/crimpers?

Thanks again.

Most places will sell you a ready made lead, but I dont think you will get shotgun cable ready made in short lengths, as its really designed for ease of running long lruns,

as patch leads from the wall plate to your equipment just run two leads and cable tie or tape for neatness

logiciel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom