dual display config.really need help on this one pls

D

durad

hi,i have a regular crt monitor(lg f700p) and i use a resolution of 1024X768 @85hz,this is the monitor that i have been using for some years now,and i intend to keep using it as my main monitor..recently i bought a samsung hdtv le26r72b that has support for pc monitor(with vga connection) with a resolution of 1360X768 @60hz so i connected the tv to the vga plug on my gfc and my lg with an vga-dvi adapter to the dvi plug...and my intention is to use both monitors for everything,browser,gaming,messenger,progs..everyth ing,so i need a clone setting that shows me the exact same windows in both monitors..i allready tried everything that my drivers (nvidia 84.26) allows me to,and i did managed to set the right resolutions for each monitor,but big problem,my lg monitor(main for me but secondary for the pc,or else i couldnt set a bigger res for the samsung tv) despite of having the right res does not show the entire screen,i need to scroll it,it is realy bad,because its like if i had a 1360X768 resolution and only part of it was showned,and i have to go with the mouse left and right for everything...in the other hand the tv is ok..so is there any way that i can have a resolution for each monitor,and everything showing up in both monitors?is there any prog or any other way?thanks a lot for your patience and sory for the bad english

Good question cos that's what's happening to me too when I tried to run 2 screen at the same time. I guess that's because when u set 2nd screen as clone from 1st one. It clones the resolution from the 1st one which in this case both screens got different resolution that's why 2nd screen cant display the whole thing.

What about if you have an SLI set up.

I rekon that should work!

Thanks Paul, but lets say if we dont want to do anything with the hardware ?? any idea for the software solution ??
cheers

There are alternative drivers available for ATI and Nvidia cards that are not made by those companies.

I dont know if they have any extra options, such as what you are after.

Worth a look though
http://www.omegadrivers.net/

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom