Dual disc format for Toshiba SD-340E DVD player

john9159

Standard Member
I want to buy a particular DVD (Lethal Weapon) but the description on Amazon states that it is dual disc format.
As I cannot find my instruction manual for the player, does anyone know if this is good to play on my Tshiba?

mentm

Could you link it? It's probably just dual layer which most discs are and will play in any DVD player.

skk3

Many of my DVDs are like this and have a slight pause at layer change...

mentm

As per the note they may be double sided so you have to get up half way through and turn the disc over.

john9159

Standard Member
I had to ask as I was concerned with comments made about dual disc format on Wikipedia which stated that the disc may be thicker and may not read.
If its only a case of getting up and changing the disc over then thats no problem as I have other discs which also need turning over.

john9159

Standard Member
OK, sorted now. One of the 4 discs is indeed double sided which is no problem as the entire movie is on one side and a lot of junk material on the other.
Just one final comment - I don't understand why a lot of movies are suddenly in wide screen format when available on DVD whereas the original was in full screen.
Thanks for all your comments.

mentm

These films were shot in widescreen, the were cut (pan and scan) for video.

Regarding the "Junk on the disc"

I don't think that I have EVER watched any "bonus" material I'm not in the slightest bit interested in watching out-takes or how it is was filmed, or the actors droning on about how difficult their job is. I am only intrested in the movie/programme itself.

I would rather just have the movie in a higher quality as possible (in the case where extras are included on the same disc) or I would rather they didnt include the extra disc and make the dvd cheaper

skk3

Agreed...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom