• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Dual 1209 TT Cartridge and Stylus for 33 and 78 playback

Mav7

Hi, I am sure this question is easy for someone or has been addressed before, but can someone please advise what is a good cartridge and stylus for a vintage Dual 1209 TT.
I have read on a few forums advice on Shure, Ortofon and even AT and whilst I understand a little, I am quite new to getting into the whole audiophile thing.
So I recently picked up a nice clean 1209, and it retains its original Shure M91 MG-D cartridge but no stylus. The thing is I could probably buy a stylus to fit it but I want to put something on there new ideally that can be interchangable from a 33/45 speed stylus to a 78 stylus. Now that point is explained I then need to know what options I have for styluses to buy for both the 33/45 and the 78's. I know I can buy a cartidge with a stylus that might suit the 33/45 but struggle then to know what 78 stylus to buy. The other thing to bear in mind is that I do not want to pour loads of money into this particular TT as I have another nice Pioneer TT mainly for playing 33's. The 1209 was mainly to play 78's but also have the swap out stylus ability. What is therefore a good starter to mid range option? Please help. Thank you. New to the Forum thing as well.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom