1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dtv channels the wrong way round!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by happynow, Aug 7, 2002.

1. happynow

happynow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am watching "A View To A KIll" on HTV Digital at the moment through a Nokia Mediamaster decoder.
    The left and right channels are the wrong way round.
    I am connected 3 ways 1). Digital (coax) 2). Analogue (2 phono leads). 3). Scart (analogue). All of which are correctly installed, but all 3 play sounds from the opposite sides to what is happening on screen.
    Is it being transmitted the wrong way round? or is my Nokia Mediamaster receiving it wrongly?
    Anyone have any ideas on this?

DVD's play correctly both Digital and analogue.
    Normal Analogue Nicam stereo plays correct.

2. happynow

happynow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone else with a 9850t please confirm this?.
    I have tested everything and all other sources are the right way.
    The test tone works great, all the channels are testing in the right places. It can't be because the leads are the wrong way from the 9850t, as the digital connection is impossible to get wrong 1 cable (no left and right).
    Normal analogue tv the sound is correct, DVD is correct, CD is correct, Radio is correct, VCR is correct and Playstation 2 is correct.

So it must be the digi box.

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

Mine is O.K.

4. happynow

happynow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I still have the same problem, but have narrowed it down.
    I am currently watching Dragonheart on ITV1 Digital from the Wenvoe Transmitter. The sound is opposite to the screen action.
    If I swith over to ITV1 from the Mendip Transmitter, without touching anything else. (fitted another ariel during the week).The sound is coming out correctly.
    Is it possible that it is being transmitted wrong?
    I can't think of any other explanation.
    I am 18 Miles from Wenvoe and 36 miles from Mendip Transmitters.
    Normal analogue through TV tuner is correct from both Transmitters, it is only in Digital that this happens.

I am using the same Digital coax connection for both Transmitters.
    Channel 5, BBC1+2 are fine from both Transmitters.

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Had similar with my IDTV in past!

6. happynow

happynow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am not going MAD after all. This is the reply I just received from HTV Wales.

"It appears that an audio unit used for feeding audio to the digital terrestrial service only, might have been swopping over left and right channels. This unit has the ability to do so within software configuration, and indicated that everything was set correctly on the VDU display. I believe however that this display was incorrect and the card was probably causing the swop which you highlighted to us. I have reconfigured the unit and tests indicate that the audio is now correct. (I have also complained to the manufacturers!)

Thank you for pointing out this problem to us, which should have been picked up internally a lot sooner. If you experience any further problems with our transmission please do not hesitate to contact us as all comments are welcomed. We do our best to maintain the highest possible technical standards within HTV, but as you've discovered we can miss things occasionally".

Kind Regards

Mike

Mike Creese
    Engineering Manager

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    What a fantastic response from a broadcaster:)
    If only SKY would answer emails in that personal manner instead of using templates and ignoring the main point of your enquiry, then rubbing salt into the wound by thanking you for your interest.

8. happynow

happynow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The thing that amazes me is no one else noticed. How long has digital terrestial been transmitted from Wenvoe? I only bought the Nokia mediamaster 2-3 Months ago, I spotted the problem after a couple of weeks but have been so busy, I didn't get round to narrowing it down until the begining of August. I thought it was me hearing things. But after 3 weeks I narrowed it down to HTV all others were fine. Then I put up another ariel pointing at Mendip transmitter and flicked between the 2 Transmitters watching the same film. Only then was I convinced it was being transmitted wrong.
    But all is fine now so thats all that matters.