1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTV-408 & Tele-Text

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Hywel, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Hywel

Hywel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone managed to get the Tele-text feature on the Mustek DTV408 Pro Portable DVD Player to work?

I keep getting the message:

"Teletext no data
    Press any key to continue"

I have a brand new digital high gain aerial which picks up many channels.
    I have tried using a standard digital receiver which is able to pick up Tele-Text OK.
    I have tried the DTV-408 at other locations where they can get Tele-Text but still no luck.

Any ideas?

2. hasslenot

hasslenot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hywel,

I get exactly the same problem with my DTV-408Pro too. I bought an aerial adaptor from the Mustek helpline so I can plug my main aerial in and pick up more channels.

I believe there is a problem with this product an UK digital teletext. It says on the box that it does support teletext, but I haven't seen any proof. BBC Parliament is scanned as a 'radio' channel - hence you get no picture. I have to admit that it is not my favourite channel, so its not a big issue for me. However, the fact that it has an mheg overlay leads me to think that is why the Mustek thinks it is a radio channel.

I emailed Mustek's European support in Germany asking if this is a known problem and if they have a fix for it. They told me that it works fine in Germany and must be a fault with my machine ... and to return it to my supplier. Not helpful at all.

Does anyone else have problems with teletext?

Also, has anyone been able to sort TV channels by logical channel number? Mine seems to number channels as it discovers them during tuning. e.g. for E4+1 I should be able to type in 39, but it puts it on program 20. As the Mustek only finds 33 channels, the highest program number I can move E4+1 to is 33. This is nuts! Does everyone else's box behave like this?

Its a pity as it is a neat little unit. I bought it to use in my kitchen as a mini freeview TV. Its built in tuner seems weak compared to other freeview tuners, where I always find 52 TV channels. I have the Topfield TF5800, BT i-player+, Thomson dti1000 & Nebula DigiTV PCI + USB. Clearly something is wrong here. :confused: