DTTV channels?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Rochdale, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Rochdale

Rochdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just moved into a flat in Leeds city centre and thought I would stick my old ITV digital box on until I get Sky installed on Saturday. I did a store channels and it found 9, but they are all BBC channels.

Are ITV and Channel 4 still available on Digital? If so is there any reason I can pick up some channels and not others? Perhaps those channels aren't being broadcast around Leeds city centre?

One last question, are standard terrestrial channels available through Sky digital? The analogue signal isn't fantastic and I'd like to still be able to watch ITV and C4.

2. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I don't know about ITV digital, but in answer to your second question: ITV, Channel 4 and 5 are available through Syy Digital. You can also get ITV for the different regions if you want.

3. Rochdale

Rochdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Great, I should be ok after tomorrow then :)

Cheers Andy

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    More likely that you need an aerial upgrade to pick up the other multiplexors and thus channels, or maybe your signal strength is weak for those particular muxes/channels (some people have reported that just installing an aerial booster helped them in this latter case).The current list of DTTV channels includes:

BBC ONE
    BBC TWO
    ITV 1
    CHANNEL 4
    CHANNEL 5
    ITV 2
    BBC CHOICE
    BBC FOUR
    BBC NEWS 24
    CBBC
    CBEEBIES
    QVC