1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTTV card's? (Nebula inparticular)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MonkeyDonkey, Mar 17, 2003.

1. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was just wondering if its possible to use multiple cards in the same system at once?
    I'm getting fed up of those bloody broadcasters putting 3-4 programs I want to watch on at the same, so I could do with a HDD recorder that can record at least two, and maybe three streams at once.

At the moment I'm only considering it as it will be fairly costly but it's the only solution I can come up with.
    I believe I'd be correct in saying these record the data stream rather than capturing/encoding video? in which case less CPU power would be needed than for analogue signals, correct?

And are linux drivers available yet?
    Are there any alternatives for DTTV recording apart from the Hauppauge USB box?

2. Guy Clifford

Guy Clifford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's technically possible to record one channel whilst watching another with the nebula card (as long as they are on the same multiplex) but the feature is not supported.

Having spoken to Peter Jones at nebula recently, there are plans for a two card set up but i dont know how advanced they are.

3. datanet

datanet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know that you can do something like this with the Hauppagge/ Nexus? cards in Linux.
    These allow you to bring a whole multipex down (not checked if we actually receive all channels in one or more mux's yet).
    Not looked in too much detail yet but they allow you to convert channels to IPTV streams or record.
    Think the sites were linuxstb.org or linuxtv.org....

Cheers,

Chris