DTTV card's? (Nebula inparticular)

MonkeyDonkey

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if its possible to use multiple cards in the same system at once?
I'm getting fed up of those bloody broadcasters putting 3-4 programs I want to watch on at the same, so I could do with a HDD recorder that can record at least two, and maybe three streams at once.

At the moment I'm only considering it as it will be fairly costly but it's the only solution I can come up with.
I believe I'd be correct in saying these record the data stream rather than capturing/encoding video? in which case less CPU power would be needed than for analogue signals, correct?

And are linux drivers available yet?
Are there any alternatives for DTTV recording apart from the Hauppauge USB box?

It's technically possible to record one channel whilst watching another with the nebula card (as long as they are on the same multiplex) but the feature is not supported.

Having spoken to Peter Jones at nebula recently, there are plans for a two card set up but i dont know how advanced they are.

I know that you can do something like this with the Hauppagge/ Nexus? cards in Linux.
These allow you to bring a whole multipex down (not checked if we actually receive all channels in one or more mux's yet).
Not looked in too much detail yet but they allow you to convert channels to IPTV streams or record.
Think the sites were linuxstb.org or linuxtv.org....

Cheers,

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom