dts197 New Bedroom Set Up

thats a cool sub by the way, where did ya get it and how much are you looking at

I bought it from AV-Sales who I believe do all their business under Kent home cinema now.

They have a thread here on AV Forums where you can check out the latest prices: http://www.avforums.com/forums/subw...15536-svs-cylinder-pb13-ultra-subwoofers.html

At the time of writing this, the gloss black version which I have is selling for £1,335. Although when I bought one, it cost a few hundred less than that.

wow, thats £1000 too much for me, i bet the whole house rocks when that badboy is cranked up,

i bet the whole house rocks when that badboy is cranked up,

It is pretty good, that's for sure!

Just been looking at your thread, you've got a pretty good set up yourself. Much better as it's in a nice detached (think it's detacthed?) house of your own. Knowing my luck, by the time I do move out, my gear will probably pack up & I'll no money to replace it!

Nice one.

Hi,
Nice set:thumbsup: Where did you get that computer table from?

How many dvds and blu-rays do you have m8?

Hi,
I was reading your post about getting a projector. He don't have to put cables through the ceiling. I bought extra long cables and put them round the room.

Very Nice :thumbsup:, and a keen Movie enthusiast

hi dts197 loving your setup looks really impressive have you considered getting a sofa bed? reason for asking is because i think that it would free up a little more space in your room and theres some really good ones out there!:smashin:

Hi,
Nice set:thumbsup: Where did you get that computer table from?

Thanks. I bought the desk online from av4home.co.uk. Here's the direct link to it: Jual Furnishings PC002-SRB Computer Desk silver frame with black glass and cable management

They also do a bigger version as well but this one was just the right size for me, having limited space in my room.

How many dvds and blu-rays do you have m8?

I currently have 820 films on dvd, 67 on hd-dvd and 210 on blu-ray. Plus around 100 tv series box sets, so I'm never short on things to watch!

I recently sold 10 blu-rays on here (that I'd never watch again) but as I've never sold any films before and I have a fairly good collection, I'm regretting it and won't be selling any more!

Hi,
I was reading your post about getting a projector. He don't have to put cables through the ceiling. I bought extra long cables and put them round the room.

It's not just the cabling, the only wall I could have it is the one behind the plasma and there's a door in the way. I could get a pull down but would have to put the plasma on the wall and I don't trust the studded wall to do that!

Hopefully when I do move out, I will have enough money to get a projector and set it up in a dedicated room.

hi dts197 loving your setup looks really impressive have you considered getting a sofa bed? reason for asking is because i think that it would free up a little more space in your room and theres some really good ones out there!:smashin:

I did consider it to give me some more space but decided it would be too much hassle pulling it out and putting it back. I'm happy with it for now. A bit short on space but feels cosy and once the door shuts, I'm in my own little world....

I remember seeing this thread many moons ago, and fell in love with the set up then. It still looks amazing now!

I don't think I would have splashed out on a new PC like that. A laptop, perhaps. The new desk makes it look a little cramped for my tastes - plus, I liked how you used to have the Friends box sets lined up underneath the classy colognes.

Other than that, it looks superb!

I have to say, if I ever split up with the missus, and had to move back home, for whatever reason, this is the kind of set up I'd be looking at.

I don't think I would have splashed out on a new PC like that. A laptop, perhaps. The new desk makes it look a little cramped for my tastes

I looked at a laptop to save on space but they just don't compare to a desktop. You get far more for your money and only the chair really takes up a little more space. A very minor negative in my opinion. I get alot of use out of it and it's hooked up to my plasma & av receiver nicely.

It sure does, was a little shocked when I saw how long it had been!

same here , and were all a little wider now lol

Christ....how many Blurays, etc do you have? Looks good though...was telly on wall previously?

Christ....how many Blurays, etc do you have? Looks good though...was telly on wall previously?

Approx 850 dvd's (plus 100+ tv box sets), 300 blu-rays & 60 hd-dvd's. I've only bought a handful in the last 3 years, I tend to download them or watch on Sky. The cost got ridiculous, so just get the blockbusters. My plasma wasn't on the wall, that bracket was left by the previous owners of the house!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom