Dts?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by IAMGEOFF, Feb 17, 2001.

1. IAMGEOFF

IAMGEOFF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes.
    It has a stereo track as well as a DTS one. When you start it up it is in stereo and you have the option to hear it in DTS. There is a DTS only track (audio only) you wont be able to hear but one day when you have the full kit you will be impressed.
    Regards
    Geoff

------------------
    Anybody seen my camel?

2. petec

petec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chaps (and chapesses!)Just a quick question.I have a Tosh SD100e and a Tosh 32WD98B TV ,I have seen a music dvd that I fancy (Eagles ,When Hell Freezes Over) but it says it has a DTS soundtrack.Would I be able to play this OK on the above set up?.Thanks for any info

Pete

3. petec

petec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Geoff,

I think I'll give it a whirl then

Pete

4. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All DTS DVD's also have an alternative soundtrack (it being Dolby Stereo, Dolby Surround or even Dolby Digital) which are all backwards compatible.

For your sort of setup.

5. petec

petec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean "backwards"? [​IMG]

6. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He means that they contain a basic audio signal, one of the older formats like Dolby 2.0 Surround. This will normally always be the default track.

You then have to "switch" to DTS. This is because you can damage a non-DTS amp by putting DTS through it.

------------------
    Webmaster,
    http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com