DTS: X is finally launched

Here you go, courtesy of MyMovies;

Huntsman Back Cover.jpg

Here you go, courtesy of MyMovies;

View attachment 750772

Just delivered from Amazon, try later, first time with DTS X.!
Had to check the rear cover to make sure it is there.
Never heard of The Huntsman before , worth a go just to hear the sound difference!

Just delivered from Amazon, try later, first time with DTS X.!
Had to check the rear cover to make sure it is there.
Never heard of The Huntsman before , worth a go just to hear the sound difference!
ANY help to work out why this is not working!
I have the huntsman br disc with DTS X in it.
I use a Panasonic DO BDT460 player into a Denon avr x1200w.
All the display shows is DTS no x.
Is this correct?
Done all updates and settings

Is this correct?

Is this correct?

I have a different AVR, so may be slightly different.

I think you will need to Bitstream from the BR Player to the AVR, with Secondary Audio OFF.

Make sure you select DTS-MA soundtrack in BR Player.

Once the film is playing, see what the AVR sees as incoming Audio Signal. You may need to use the Surround Mode to select DTS - if struggling from here, may best to posts a picture of the Audio INFO from the Denon.

I have a different AVR, so may be slightly different.

I think you will need to Bitstream from the BR Player to the AVR, with Secondary Audio OFF.

Make sure you select DTS-MA soundtrack in BR Player.

Once the film is playing, see what the AVR sees as incoming Audio Signal. You may need to use the Surround Mode to select DTS - if struggling from here, may best to posts a picture of the Audio INFO from the Denon.
Thanks for help.
I have these settings so far and it does sound better!
Is this correct from the pictures I took
1472289327125.jpg
1472289345435.jpg

As asked on the previous page what speakers system do you have, how many speakers in total, Atmos/in ceiling speakers ?
X2 ceiling. X2 rear.x2subs. L+R +centre speakers

Must be a setting in the amp then if you are still not getting Atmos/DTS :X I'm not familiar with the latest Denon amps so cant suggest what settings are wrong ?
I been through the whole manual and there is no mention of any displays available on the avr of DTS X or Atmos.
It seems Dolby HD +S or DTS HD is all it was manufactured to display so any online upgrades don't seem to be including display updates.
I suppose I will have to accept that it is doing what it meant to by checking all settings.
Does sound very good though!!

I been through the whole manual and there is no mention of any displays available on the avr of DTS X or Atmos.
It seems Dolby HD +S or DTS HD is all it was manufactured to display so any online upgrades don't seem to be including display updates.
I suppose I will have to accept that it is doing what it meant to by checking all settings.

It will display Atmos or DTS:X when it is decoding Atmos or DTS:X, if it isn't you are not hearing Atmos or DTS:X

49_150415-AVR-X1200W_E2-product-left.png

As a guess just push the Green Movie Button – it's one of the sound mode buttons on the remote – until it says DTS:X on the front display

The Reason that you are not getting the DTS:X soundtrack is because you have the receiver set to Dolby Surround for that input. THe receiver will revert to the 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio base layer and ignore the DTS:X metadata if applying DSU to the audio coming into the receiver. Press and hold down the green MOVIE button on the remote until a meni appears onscreen. Select the discrete incoming audio from this menu as opposed to any of the surround modes. Note the same is true of apply Neiral:X to Atmos audio. You'd not get Atmos and you'd get TrueHD with Neural:X applied to it.

The Reason that you are not getting the DTS:X soundtrack is because you have the receiver set to Dolby Surround for that input. THe receiver will revert to the 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio base layer and ignore the DTS:X metadata if applying DSU to the audio coming into the receiver. Press and hold down the green MOVIE button on the remote until a meni appears onscreen. Select the discrete incoming audio from this menu as opposed to any of the surround modes. Note the same is true of apply Neiral:X to Atmos audio. You'd not get Atmos and you'd get TrueHD with Neural:X applied to it.
Thanks Dante.
I have tried green button and selected DTS HD MASTER. Also tried all the others but still the display is DTS HD MA .
I have posted on this thread a few back images of BR player and avr settings.
Shame really .I have the Disc. Br player. Avr all ready to do it but no go.

Maybe I have a bad quality hdmi lead?

Thanks Dante.
I have tried green button and selected DTS HD MASTER. Also tried all the others but still the display is DTS HD MA .

If you are still not getting DTS:X or even an option to select it then your receiver is unlikely tobe setup with a speaker configuration that is compliant with either DTS:X or Atmos? The HDMI cable has nothing at all to do with it. If able to convey DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby TrueHD via that cable then there;s no reason why you'd be inable to get DTS:X or Atmos via it. The signal is simply 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio or TrueHD along with the associated DTS:X or Atmos metadata.

Thanks Dante.

Sorry to check the most basic of things, but go to

SETUP -- GENERAL -- INFORMATION - FIRMWARE -- DTS VERSION

If "DTS Version" is listed, it has defo been installed.

The best info for the Denon is by pressing INFO button on the AVR controller. That should show input and output speakers, along with Surround Mode selected. (Or does on mine). Post a picture of that. It may ne best to post in the X1200 Thread to resolve...

Sorry to check the most basic of things, but go to

SETUP -- GENERAL -- INFORMATION - FIRMWARE -- DTS VERSION

If "DTS Version" is listed, it has defo been installed.

The best info for the Denon is by pressing INFO button on the AVR controller. That should show input and output speakers, along with Surround Mode selected. (Or does on mine). Post a picture of that. It may ne best to post in the X1200 Thread to resolve...
There is the problem. ! The version is 2400.3140.4001. No DTS .
I tried ro update firmware but it says I have latest installed.
Thanks
I'll have to wait

There is the problem. ! The version is 2400.3140.4001. No DTS .
I tried ro update firmware but it says I have latest installed.
Thanks
I'll have to wait

I have read elsewhere that the X1200W got the DTS:X firmware update today (US) - might be worth checking......

It is good though isn't it !
I still do not have dtsx receiver but wanted to know how good it is compared to dts hd?

Do you have a 5.1.2 or 7.1.2?

Thanks

I still do not have dtsx receiver but wanted to know how good it is compared to dts hd?

Do you have a 5.1.2 or 7.1.2?

Thanks
I have 5.1.2 with upfiring KEF R50s. Big improvement in the front soundfield, filling the gap between speakers and ceiling. Love it, especially Neural:X.

Do you guys have 120 or 150Hz assigned to your overhead speakers?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom