vulgartrendkill

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have what I feel is quite a basic question, but through various forum searches and Googling I have yet to find a definitive answer.

I am planning my upgrade to Object based Surround Sound, and I would like to get the most out of the two formats mentioned above.

My question is: Would DTS:X recognise and work well with Amos upfiring speakers for front and rear height channels, or would I be better off mounting them high on my walls to start with?

I would like to avoid the wall based option if possible.

Thanks,

DTS:X and it's upmixing component works exceptionally well with Atmos upfiring modules, depending I suppose, on the quality of speaker that is used. I have KEF R50s and the vast majority of my blu rays are in DTS HD MA and are therefore upmixed by Neural:X to 5.1.2. Best position is on top of or as near as possible to the front left and right speakers. The ceiling needs to be between 8 and 14 ft and perfectly flat and made of reflective material.

Thank for your reply gibbsy, that is really helpful. So, given that I have an artex ceiling, although it will work, it may not be very effective. darn it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom