1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dts sound problem on Planet of the Apes (2001) R2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by JFK, Jan 8, 2003.

1. JFK

JFK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I bought Planet of the Apes R2 from HMV in the Jan sales. The dts sound track sounds alot better than the DD.
    The problem is that during through the entire film in dts the sound glitches for about 1/2 to 1 sec. The picture does not freeze and the amps screen does not dop out to PL.
    You can rewind the film and hear it again and again, but if you change the sound track to DD then, in the exact same places, it does not happen.
    Is this a common thing? Has it happened to anybody elses? or do I take it back and exchange it for the same, in R2.

Many thanx.

2. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Never noticed anything on my copy, havent watched it a while mind. And mine is R1

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If there is no corruption to the image and the DD soundtrack is fine at the same point, then it has to be a transfer glitch. I doubt very much that exchanging the DVD would solve the problem - unless of course the DVD that you got in exchange was from a new batch in which they had corrected this problem.

Many DVDs have audio glitches, but they're usually very minor and most people don't notice them. I have a couple where the sound does actually drop out however in the way you describe and I know for a fact that this is a transfer problem, e.g. Two Hands R4 and Face/Off R4.

Have a read of Michael D's review of POTA at www.michaeldvd.com.au as it might affect the R4 version as well (seeing as they're both PAL) and there might be something about it.