1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS prob too

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by antonios55, Dec 31, 2002.

1. antonios55

antonios55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the following connected to a Yamaha DSP A3090 Amplifier:
    Millennium 2.4.6 DTS Processor; Rotel RB981 Power Amplifier; and a Toshiba Region 2 SD210E DVD player.

The question is this, minus the DVD player this set up was originally for a Pioneer 2950 Laserdisk player (coaxial) and with this the DTS soundtracks worked a treat.

However now armed with the R2 DVD player I am unable to figure out how to correctly source the DTS soundtrack.
    Could someone advise me on how all this equipment should be wired up so I can start listening to my DVDs in DTS please...
    Ive tried with an optical into the Millenium but then theres no optical going into the Yamaha (I would have thought that this would have simply meant the Millenium would pick up the DTS and the Yamaha just Pro Logic BUT no)

There is a coaxial output on the DTS processor which I dont know in which instance it would need to be used.

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Why have u posted the same question twice ?

Basically u should have

DVD - co-ax or optical into Millenium DTS Decoder

DTS Decoder six channel outputs into 6 channel inputs on amp

and then the amp will output DTS. If you do not have a six channel input on the amp then it aint gonna work.

Finally u may need another digital (opt or co-ax) going from the decoder to the amp if it has a bypass so you can use DD.

But quite franky if the setup worked before with the LD player then you should be just swapping out the machine and the existing connections should work fine?

Matt

3. sc1977

sc1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    3090 does not have 6 channel in

i have sent you private message m8 it explains how to set it up is compicated but it should get you there!:D

check your private messages!!!