DTS+Panasonic

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Martin Aston, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Martin Aston

Martin Aston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received my Panny DMR E55EBS, very happy with it, does exactly what is says on the box. One thing I'm not happy about (apart from the age it takes for the thing to come on and switch off and read discs!) is that it doesnt have DTS 5.1 capability (playback of dvd -video). It does have DTS 2.0! Wow 2 channel stereo, thanks! DTS = digital theatre systems - by definition means 5.1 surround - dolby digital just isnt the same :( . The machine is a great step up from VHS but a step backwards in viewing dvd-v. Take this into account if you're thinking of buying one people!!! :eek:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    ...or you could just go to the Sound menu (Functions/Setup/Sound) and change the DTS output option!

3. TobyW

TobyW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    At least be happy about the time it takes to read a blank disk. I have found that if the disk is defective (poorly spread dye), it tells me before I start recording, not afterwards like my PC! Of course, getting that disk out is another matter :-(

4. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hold channel up button for 5 secs will force locked eject, I'm pretty sure thats correct, but its been a while :confused: