1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS Output

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by antonios55, Dec 30, 2002.

1. antonios55

antonios55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the following connected to a Yamaha DSP A3090 Amplifier:
    Millennium 2.4.6 DTS Processor; Rotel RB981 Power Amplifier; and a Toshiba Region 2 SD210E DVD player.

The question is this, minus the DVD player this set up was originally for a Pioneer 2950 Laserdisk player and with this the DTS soundtracks worked a treat.

However now armed with the DVD player I am unable to figure out how to correctly source the DTS soundtrack.
    Could someone advise me on how all this equipment should be wired up so I can start listening to my DVDs in DTS please...

I have tried with both coaxial and optical but without much luck.

There is a coaxial output on the DTS processor which I dont know in which instance it would need to be used. Or maybe the system config needs to be adjusted?

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Surely the RF output for the LD output Dolby Digital not DTS.. I source the DTS soundtracks from the optical out on the 2950 not the RF mod.

Anyhow for a dvd player.. just use either the optical or co-ax output for both DTS and DD.. (as long as the player outputs a DTS bitstream in the first place.. but it would have to be very old not to do that)

So hook the co-ax or optical from the dvd player into the DTS Decoder which is then connected to the Amp.. and that should be that (well and play DVD's which have a DTS soundtrack :)
    )

Matt

3. Gixer750

Gixer750

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Home Cinema Choice online have a review of this and mentions the DSP-A3090 Here

There is also a PDF document Here which might help with your connection problems.

I think you can hook it up something like this.
    Digital from DVD to Millennium.
    Digital out from Millennium to DSP-A3090 in.
    Millennium to 3090 Pre/Amp
    3090 PowerAmp outputs to Rotel.

Since posting this I have re-read you post and have a question.
    How did you have this all connected up with the LD Player?

Is it not just a simple matter of replacing the LD Output with the DVD Players output to the Millennium, and simply selecting the DTS Track on a suitable DVD?

4. sc1977

sc1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    has your 3090 benn modded to accept a 6 channel input?

i had a 3090 and 246 but was unable to play the dts on it as you need to input dts to the decoder via optical or coax then the 246 decodes the dts signal to the 6 channel out put so you need a 6 channel input or

246 main l+r to 3090 main l+r input

246 centre and surround l+r to rotel

i think

hope this helps:D