1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS on Sony STR-DE495P?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gunn0r, Oct 29, 2005.

Tags:
  1. gunn0r

gunn0r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a panasonic DVD-S75 DVD player and a Sony STR-DE495P connected together via coax.
    The problem I have is that I have many DTS DVD's and the player and the Amp are both DTS compatable. I have tried several DVD's that play DTS and selected the option in the DVD menu - but my damn amp will not play the sound in DTS. It seems to do DD 5.1 and everything else ok, just not DTS? :thumbsdow

Does anyone have any advise or suggestions as to how I can listen to my glorious JP superbit in all its glory?

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    hmm.......i dunno your amp, but could be you need to check your amp options, somewhere you might have it set to pick up DD signals only......on my Denon i can set it to Auto (plays whatever it gets), Dolby Digital (will only make noise if DVD player is sending in DD) and DTS (will only make noise if the DVD player is sending DTS)

best bet is to check your manual........

if it doesnt work still, then you might be able to do this.....
    check your DVD player back panel to see if it has 6 channel ouput
    check your DVD players manual to see if it can internally decode DTS as well as DD
    check your Sonys back panel for 6 channel input
    if yes to all these, buy 3 pairs of stereo phono RCA cables, and connect your amp and DVD player this way and you can have DTS :)

3. Scott Tierney

Scott Tierney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting a crackling from all speakers when playing DVD's.

I've tried all the things I can think off but it's still buzzinbg and crackling!!

It's a repeating buzz in a pattern, if that helps?