1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS on or off on Sony DVPNS305?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by matblack, Jul 31, 2003.

1. matblack

matblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Guys

I have a Sony DVPNS305 which is connected to a Philips PW9617 28" via the digital out.

The Sony DVPNS305 has DTS and there is an option in the setup to turn this on/ off however I am unsure if the TV has this sound option, it only says Dolby Digital on the box and isn't mentioned in the manual. Is DTS a higher spec than DDigital and if so should it be left off or is turning the option on the best thing?

I am condisering upgrading the speakers next, does anyone know if I will need DTS rated speakers and a DTS AV amp if I want to use the DTS

Cheers

Matt

2. Chrissywis

Chrissywis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your TV doesn't say it is dts compatible it is unlikely to be able to handle it unless it's an undocumented feature. If you are buying an AV amp, they all do dts as standard now. You don't need special speakers for dts. As far as quality goes there are differing views as to which is better. See which you prefer.