1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dts lipsynch problem

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dtsfan, Jul 26, 2003.

1. dtsfan

dtsfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just been watching ROBIN HOOD PRINCE OF THIEVES starring Kevin Costner and found it suffering lipsynch problems when played in dts esp when *spoiler*Robin finds out that Will Scarlet is his brother.It's quite noticable during their verbal exchange.I found it so distracting that i had to switch to DD which is a shame.I played it on a SONY DVP-S7700 connected to a DENON AVR-3802.Has any one else had this problem or indeed any lipsynch problems with R1 dts dvd's?

2. puddleduck

puddleduck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
  3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this film watched it in DTS checked carefully after reading the threads and can't see the lipsynch problems, i have a Toshiba dvd player and a Sony Amp so maybe its ok on certain players or amps ?

4. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    It is present.
    Maybe your just lucky you cant see it?

5. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to say i found myself checking this disc carefully today again its supposed to have bad lipsynch in DTS and i found no problems with it so perhaps Ebury it is just u and a select few others who have the problem and it could be that my DVD player or perhaps even my amp is making a vital difference to what i'm hearing and believe me i looked very very closely for the problem and found none, anyways i'm just happy it works and the problem is non-existent for me and i wanted to report i have carefully checked the particular scene reported and a few others.