DTS-HD with MPC-HC [ PC -> HDMI -> Receiver -> HDMI -> TV ]

Awdio

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'm pretty much new to the world of codecs. I used to just download codec packages just to be able to watch all the video's, but recently I bought an entire new setup which I now want to use to the fullest.

Setup:

- PC: Core i7 920, 6 gigs ram, Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

- TV: Samsung LE32B650, Full HD 1080P, 100 hertz

- Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR508

- Satellite system: Canton Movie 120 MX

As you might've made out of my title my setup is as followed:
HDMI cable from PC (HDMI out on GTX 460) to receiver, and an HDMI cable from my receiver to my TV.

PC -> HDMI cable -> Receiver -> HDMI cable -> TV.

I installed the following programs:
- MPC-HC 32 bit
- CoreAVC 2.0 Pro (for cuda use)
- Haali Mediasplitter
- FFDshow tryouts Beta 7

In MPC-HC I use EVR Custom Pres. as DirectShow Video output.

I installed and added CoreAVC as external filter and disabled the internal filters.

I installed and added FFDshow Audio Decoder as external filter and disabled the internal filters.

As DirectShow Audio Output I selected: Directsound: TX-SR508-1 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)

In FFDShow Audio Decoder Configuration I tweaked all the settings: like checked all the boxes for HDMI pass-through (DTS-HD, TrueHD, etc).

This is a screen shot of how things run (Movie: The Killer Inside Me - DTS HD master audio - 1080P):
http://img844.imageshack.us/f/screenshotgtb.jpg/

FFDshow is currently sending out a DTS 6 channel bitstream signal, and not a DTS-HD master audio signal. Also the indicator "DTS" shows up on my receiver, and not the indicator "DTS-HD" which is supposed to pop up whenever the receiver is receiving a DTS-HD signal. FFDshow also indicatates the output is SP/dif (as you can see in the screenshot), while the output is HDMI.

Does this mean FFDshow is only sending out the core of the DTS-HD signal and not the DTS-HD signal itself?

What do I have to do to get the DTS-HD signal to be sent to my receiver?

Thank you in advance :).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom