• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DTS-HD MKV file, how to get the full sound??

chavo

Hi.

Ok here is the situation,

onkyo 607 amp
HTPC windows 7(32 bit) with ATI 5450
7.1 speakers.
Shark 007 codecs
TMT3
PDVD10
VLC

I have a MKV thatis supposed to be 7.1 DTS HD. when i try to play it in pdvd or tmt3 it freezes and i get nothing. when i play it on VLC i get playback but only in DTS core. I have managed to get a full rip to work on TMT3 with DTS-HD so i know that isnt the issue. it is definetly a configuration problem between the mkv and the codecs.

Anyone else have a similar issue that they fixed?

chavo

Thanks i will have a look at these. i have read that all MKVs with dts hd have difficulty playing back stutter free. i will remove shark tonight and i will give that tutorial a go.

Thanks

leon

have you tried zoom player i find it amazing for hd and you can select all the pass through formats for your amp.

chavo

good call wih Zoomm aate. its a bit stuttering but sure i will fix that, straight to DTS HD! tried to follow that guide but still couldnt get it to work!

leon

if you go into advanced options and enable smart play . in there you an choose your sound card and how you want to output it to your amp:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom