DTS HD Master Audio Full

HomeTheatreGuy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Could someone put up a complete list of blu-ray disc hardware that has both Dolby TrueHD/Digital Plus onboard decoding, and Full DTS-HD Master Audio (NOT Essential) onboard decoding?

Please and thank whoever decides to in advance.

Could someone put up a complete list of blu-ray disc hardware that has both Dolby TrueHD/Digital Plus onboard decoding, and Full DTS-HD Master Audio (NOT Essential) onboard decoding?

AIUI Master Audio is part of Essential, at least it is on my S760:)
(if i'm wrong somebody will put us both right)

Panasonic BD 85

To the OP. What type of amp do you intend to use: ie HDMI able or not?

2 £150 BD players I know that have what you seek:

LG BD390 & Sony S760. Both features anlg outputs for onboard HD decoding.

The LG also has some nifty ways of getting DD True-HD towards a non HDMI able amp as DTS @ 1.5mbps core, this is called DTS Re Encode, worth searching here on the forum for this. Both stunning players in the sub £500 sector (ie Oppo 80/83 or CA BD650).

Are you planning to use titles that have DTS 96/24,ES/ES, NEO:6 matrix on DVD or DTS Neo:6 on Blu-ray ?

Avi

what do you mean by Digital plus?

I do not know when I am getting a home theatre system or an HDMI able to use it with. Until then, I am going to want onboard decoding of all DTS formats. I also know that Master Audio|Essential decodes all the HD formats, but my family has movies like Dirty Dancing and the Lord of the Rings EEs that have DTS-ES. I would like a list of some BD players that have the full decoding, as well as all the Dolby formats, from the reputable brands (Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, etc.).

Please and Thank You to whoever replies.

Just like DVD players beforehand, Blu ray players will not decode the DTS SD extensions. So if you want to use titles that have DTS 96/24,ES/ES, NEO:6 matrix on DVD or DTS Neo:6 on Blu-ray then you must use external decoding. The Blu players will all decode the DTS core which is capable of very high quality on a system anyway and as you don't have a 'home theatre system' then there is no point anyway for anything other than 'core' which all will do with DD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom