1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS from playstation

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by John Langton, Oct 3, 2005.

1. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have my PS2 hooked up to my denon 3805 and I can get a Dolby Digital signal going through the optical but I cant get a DTS signal sent though. It wont even allow me to turn on the DTS in the PS2 options menu. This is with a disc that supports DTS and I have also gone into the DVD menu to select the DTS soundtrack. I am truly miffed any help appreicated

John

2. english_bob

english_bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    Dunno? Is there a optical out setting on the PS2 menu? (ie the main menu before you load the DVD up)

3. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah thats what im talking about. You can see the option but you cannot select it

John

4. DanDT

DanDT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Mmm strange. Always worked for me.
    HAve you looked at the settings on the dashboard? You know, when you turn your PS2 on without any disc inside.
    Also, i think that to change some settings on the DVD configuration you need the DVD to be stopped (not just paused). Then i think you need to turn the PS2 off and on again to save the changes.

It definately should work. I remember i had to "enable" a setting when i bought mine, but that was 4 years ago and to be honest i can't really remember.

5. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there isnt the option for the DTS in the browser screen (screen with no disc) just the optical out which is selected to on. The sound settings are only avail when playing a disc from the control menu

6. An-D

An-D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Through the magic of google...

To enable DTS, please follow these steps:

During the playback of a DVD Video, stop the film. This should be done by either:

a) Pressing SELECT on the Dual Shock 2 controller to display the DVD Menu, then selecting the STOP icon and pressing the X button twice

b) Pressing the STOP button on the DVD Remote Control unit (if used) twice.

From the DVD Menu screen, proceed to the 'Audio Setup' menu and select 'Audio Digital Out'. The DTS function can then be switched ON or OFF by highlighting it and pressing the X button.

Please note that pressing the O button on the Dual Shock 2 or the Remote Control Unit whilst a DVD Video is playing will not fully stop playback as Resume Play will still be operational, and the DTS function will not be accessible.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=how+to+enable+DTS+playback+on+the+PS2&meta=

http://www.answerbag.com/c_view.php/970#q_4354

7. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you that sorted it. Strange why it is different and much more difficult to set it to DTS

John

8. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think its to stop people accidently outputting DTS to equipment that cant handle it...it can make some pretty strange sounds