1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS Dropouts on DV27 fixed!? John Dawson Comments?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rafaelp, Apr 1, 2003.

1. rafaelp

rafaelp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Soon after replacing my Acurus Act3 with an Aragon Stage One I began getting sound dropouts on DTS. Talked to Aragon and they had not heard of any problems. Then I started searching through this site.

I noticed a mention of PLL (phase lock loop) dealing with digital sound and the Arcam "secret" setup menu is able to turn this on or off. The default is on. The papers that came with the Arcam software upgrade to v1.81 describe this as "...to change the PLL setting on the progressive scan board (where fitted). This may help to remove some compatibility problems with certain TVs."

I changed this parameter from "yes" to "no" and no more dropouts. What is going on?!! If it's a parameter for compatibility with certain TV's why is it fixing my DTS dropouts?

I promise I have not been drinking! :) (yet!!!)

2. rafaelp

rafaelp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently I must have been drunk. The PLL parameter had nothing to do with it. I did change a parameter in my AV processor and the problem has not reappeared...

3. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Well we figured that changing that part of the DVD video menu couldn't have had any effect either :) Glad you sorted it.

John Dawson (Arcam)