Dts Demo Disc 5

Folks,

When I mentioned not wanting to promote DTS, the reasons why should be fairly clear; I would not like to bias my position by promoting one company or their products over another.

That said, I've come up with a way to give away all the DTS demonstration discs without recipients of said discs having to pay for postage and/or packaging, I feel that's only fair since the discs were originally given to my organisation.

Allow me a few days to iron out the specifics and then discs will be allotted on a first-come first-served basis. I don't think there's much point turning this into a competition of any sorts.

Stuart M. Robinson
SMR Group – http://www.smr-group.co.uk/

Thanks Stuart
wink.gif

THX 1138 wrote:

"Now all i want are the THX trailers inc. The Simpsons one.But i gues we will never see these on DVD.I looked for years to get my hands on the THX wow LD, with no luck."

I hate to break this to you, but there is a DVD that contains all the THX trailers up to 1998. Produced by Lucasfilm to celebrate their 15th anniversary and produced in very limited quantities, it contains 'Broadway', 'Cimarron', 'Grand', 'The Simpsons', 'Tex' and 'Tex 2- Moo Can'.

thx_disc.jpg

There are two further THX trailers, 'Broadway 2000' and 'Tex 2000' (both remixed in Dolby Digital Surround EX with the second elongated) and they're available on the THX Surround EX demonstration disc, also produced in very small quantities.

Stuart M. Robinson
SMR Group – http://www.smr-group.co.uk/

I'm a bit late into this thread, but how about a transport relay ring ?.
I for one would be prepared to drive say 20 miles from base to convey a few discs, and it would be interesting to meet fellow enthusiasts.
Is this viable or am I verging on the saddo side ?
smile.gif

I'd be more than grateful if you could put me down for a copy! I've only recently upgraded to DTS. I'd like to see more of what it can do!

Hi,

Please, please please, can I also request a copy of this mysterious DTS-demo disc for use on my Pioneer 626?!

I know that Stuart has already said he has an idea in the works, and he doesn't think that people will need to pay for P+P, but I am willing to pay, if need be. I simply must have another drinks coaster... sorry, I mean DVD to show to my friends just how impressive the sound and picture is, so I can get them to all get a DVD player.

Look forward to hearing your response,

Pooch

Stuart - I understand that you will post more info in the next few days but I to would like to have a copy of this demo disc please.

What I fail to understand that there is a demand for these type of DVD's yet we have to resort to begging just to get hold of one.
frown.gif
Ahh well such is life for us mere mortals
smile.gif

Thanks Stuart,

Nothing like hanging the carrot in front of the Donkey.So the obvious question is where?and how much?

e-mail me please if you can point me in the right direction.
Cheers
[email protected]

Well I would like to add my name to list if there's still some left.

Thanks

count me in too !

------------------
And the monkey flips the switch.

Does anyone know where you can get the Dolby Digital Surround EX Trailer that was at the start of EPISDE 1?

Cheers
Ace

here here, i've also upgraded to dts. if theres any left.........please.

Stuart, You're a top man! attach my name to the fast growing queue please.
(Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please,)
wink.gif

------------------
www.baldyplex.com

Guys,

Here's the deal on the DTS demonstration discs: I've enlisted the help of distributor Gecko (who happen to be installing HCC's reference theatre in London), they'll ship the discs out without charge to anyone and everyone who requests a copy, in return for a link to their new web site and the PR kudos.

So in a few days, I'll install a form on my own web site that will take everyone's names and addresses (plus count down the number of remaining discs) and Gecko will take care of the rest. I'll post a link here when the page is available so visitors to HCCO will be able to request a disc before the give-away becomes widespread knowledge. I may also E-mail everyone who has asked for a disc either privately or via this thread.

Ace007 wrote:

"Does anyone know where you can get the Dolby Digital Surround EX Trailer that was at the start of EPISDE 1?"

Do you happen to remember what it was like? Depending on the theatre, it might have been 'Aurora' (Dolby logo against a planetary nebula) or 'Rain' (flying raindrops and the Dolby logo appearing from a golden puddle). Dolby have produced discs containing both, one of which used to be available via their web site.

Stuart M. Robinson
SMR Group - http://www.smr-group.co.uk/

Thank you VERY MUCH Stuart! This is very decent of you indeed.

The trailer I saw before Episode 1 was like the Rain trailer but I have this and I am sure in the Cinema there was a Dolby Digital Surround EX version, I distinctly remeber seeing the EX logo at the end.....or was I just imagining this?

Thanks again
Ace

Stuart,

Please email me the link at
[email protected]
(my email address didn't show up when I posted a request for the disc earlier in the thread).

Thanks.

Hi Stuart

Pls can you add my name to the list.
My email address is : [email protected]

Cheers!

Shaz

Stuart

I'm not sure if you got my E Mail address from my post on page one. Just in case here it is again: [email protected].

Thanks so much for this!

------------------
Now then, now then. Whats all this shouting? We'll have no trouble here!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom