1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS compatable Amp for £150/200

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Colonial Marine, Jan 1, 2001.

1. Colonial Marine

Colonial Marine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richer Sounds do the Sherwood range of recievers, Im not sure whch model number, but there is a DTS/DD5.1 reciever in the £199.00 cheap & cheerful range. There is also a cheap Yamaha reciever but I have no experience of these.

I own the older Sherwood RDS925, which does not do DTS, but it has served me very well and until I can afford an upgrade it suits me fine.

However like anything else, once you get into it you will want something better and thus be spending even more money. Moral of the story.. buy cheap & you end up buying twice. Save for a while longer & buy something a bit bigger & better. Or throw caution to the wind & put it on the old plastic NOW. [​IMG]

------------------
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.....it's the only way to be sure.

2. graeme

graeme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello and happy 2001,
    Being reletavly new to home cinema, I'd like some opinions, and advice, on purchasing an amp with DTS in the price range of £150/200.

Any opinions, advice would help.
    Thanks.

------------------
    You can take our lives..... but youll never take our freedom !