• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DTS-CD & SACD playback issues

menz83

Hey all,

Seem to be having some issues playing back DTS-CD's and SACD's on my PS£ atm. Previously, DTS-CD's worked fine with no issues at all. However, whenever I play them now, all I get is noise! I have selected 44.1khz (and the other 2 that go along with it!) in the menu but still no joy. Cant help but feel the CD upsampling may have wrecked the chances of DTS-CD playback, could this be true?

As for SACD, everything was great with 2 channel SACD's playing back at 176khz PCM and 5.1's at 88khz. Now SACD's still work fine but not at the frequencies mentioned before, its just pumped out as plain ol' PCM! I have went back over all the bloody options but still got nowhere!!

Has anyone else had similar experiences or have a fix for this? Thanks

WiteWulf

Blimey...I've not tried playing any of my DTS-CDs since the CD upsampling came along, I'll bet that's exactly what the problem. I've give it a try when I get home tonight...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom