1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS and DPL IIx

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Bogi, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Bogi

Bogi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Guys,

I can't seem to remember if it's possible to apply DPLIIx processing on DTS 5.1 (or DTS ES) content. For DD 5.1 I use DPL IIx Movie as default mode (DVD input 48 kHz content). I'm running SW 4.31 on my DP 7.1 unit.

However this setting automatically puts DTS 5.1 content into DTS Es Matrix mode. And I've been trying to toggle between different mode to see if I can apply DPLIIx on DTS content. However, I've not been successful.

I've even hooked up my laptop and the DP unit with the tag cable and sent RC5 codes. I can apply different THX modes (Music, Surr Ex etc) but not the DPL IIx (which of course works with DD content).

So I just can't remember if it was at all possible to do this. Can anyone enlighten me? :blush:

BTW, I can't get the command TMA AVP 1 STATUS [Status Filter] <CR> to work. I only get the full TMA AVP 1 STATUS reply (with all the info). I've tried TMA AVP 1 STATUS PROCESS <CR>, TMA AVP 1 STATUS VOLUME <CR> etc but as I said I only get the full info reply, any suggestions? :lease:

Cheers

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I was talkin to another guy about this on a thread here a while ago. Apparently it is possible to apply PL2x to DTS but it depends on the manufacturer of the kit and unfortunatley Tag dont allow it. :smashin:

3. Bogi

Bogi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Thunder

Oh yes, according to Dolby it's possible to apply DPLIIx to DTS content, however I was wondering if the Tag allowed it. They (used to be) always in the forefront when it came to those kind of user friendly (?) features.

Too bad if it can't be done as I've no doubt the processing power of the DP unit would handle it. Too bad simply because I really like DPLIIx... :)

4. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Never got round to coding that bit! When I first did the PLIIx support over a year ago DTS and Dolby were fighting between themselves about using PLIIx on DTS streams. Decided to leave it at the time and get back to it another day. Scalers and the like got in the way, but I restarted it in May 2004 but ran out of time before the walls came tumbling down!

DP commands - filters are not supported on the 32DP via the TAGBus, you need either the legendary TMA1 RS232 controller (if it still exists) or the RS232 card that fits into an AV192R.

5. Bogi

Bogi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks Steve!

That pretty much sums it up, I guess. :)

Too bad there wasn't time enough to squeeze in the DTS+DPLIIx bit, though. Ah well, guess I'll have to live with that. Maybe something for the new IAG/Tag team...

cheers

6. Teejoo

Teejoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Mmmh, PL IIx + DTS.........

Well, I guess we could say I have been bothering Steve with this from the moment PLIIx was released (Actually I believe almost every mail I ended with this subject, Hi Steve :hiya: :D ), but as he already says he didn't make it. I also put this as a request to the IAG software guys (through Barry), but didn't get any feedback from them. So perhaps this is a reminder for IAG.

Of course we could also buy Steve some fancy guitar and ask him once more to put his brain to work!

7. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Well we could do a poll as I think most AV192/DP owners would like this feature. If we all get together and e-mail IAG they might get the message :smashin: