1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS 96/24 on a dv27a?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Ettepet, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Ettepet

Ettepet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Is the Arcam dv27a capable of playing DTS 96/24 through its (analog) multichannel outputs without falling back to 48kHz? I bought a dvd of Phantom of the Opera (R1) which sounds terrible through my player, as it plays it at 48kHz no matter what setting. I haven't been able to find anything about this in the manual, on this forum or elsewhere. :confused:

Funny enough my Pioneer (through optical) thrives on this 96/24 track, making this the only disc I know of which produces a better sound through optical than multi-channel in. :)

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The DV27A will play this at 48 kHz resolution - you needs lots of extra DSP horsepower to run DTS at 24/96. Having said that I wouldn't expect large differences in SQ between the two versions of the format, so the real explanation may lie elsewhere.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

3. Ettepet

Ettepet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks for the info Andrew. ;)

I got the idea that the overly clear brightness I now hear comes from mixing the disc for 96/2=48kHz. Luckily I also got a normal copy of this movie which is regular DTS and plays fine. :)