DTM 2011 Season - Mini Championship, 15th December

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tomczyk2bcopy.jpg

(Martin Tomczyk livery by xX SworB Xx)

Thursday 15th December, 9pm

I'm looking to host a DTM mini-championship next Thursday. This will be more of a simulation event, with points scoring, longer races, pitstops and some assists banned.

THE CARS:

The race night will use the two cars from the DTM 2011 season:

2011 Audi A4 Touring Car (#02,#03,#04,#05 or #06) - PI R2 833
2008 Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Class Touring Car - PI R2 834

Both cars are identically specced according to the DTM regulations and require no further modification.

** Cars must be left stock, including the wheels **

LIVERIES - *PLEASE READ*

The only requirement is that all cars must use a 2011 season livery available from the storefront. Just search 'DTM 2011 + driver name'.

The list of 2011 season drivers is here:

http://www.dtm.com/fahrer-liste.php?lang=en

For instance, I will be using #7 Jamie Green AMG Mercedes. Be aware that the Audi liveries are locked to each specific numbered car.

THE CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE:

The mini-championship will take place over five rounds as follows:

Round Circuit Layout Laps
1 Hockenheimring National 8
2 Silverstone National 12
3 Nurburgring GP Short 8
4 Catalunya National 10
5 Hockenheimring Full 8

I've opted for shorter tracks so that more laps can be run to better facilitate pit-stops. If you're wondering why Hockenheim is on there twice I've gone for authenticity as the real season starts and finishes there!

CHAMPIONSHIP RULES:

- Drivers must make one mandatory pit-stop each race. This can be done at any time apart from the final lap i.e. a driver must not cross the finish line in the pits. Failure to pit will lead to a full points deduction for that race.

- Grid order will be decided on lobby points, placing the fastest drivers at the front.

- Good racing etiquette is expected. No deliberate crashing and using other cars as brakes. No weaving to block an attempted overtake - one defensive move is allowed. Stay within the white line when leaving the pit lane. If you are lapped do not race the faster car, let them through.

POINTS SCORING:

The official DTM points system will be used:

1st = 10
2nd = 8
3rd = 6
4th = 5
5th = 4
6th = 3
7th = 2
8th = 1

ASSISTS:

ABS, TCS and STM will be disallowed for this race night. However racing line, auto transmission and normal steering modes are permitted.

TEAM AUDI TEAM MERCEDES Gamertag Car # Livery Gamertag Car # Livery
Lightsider74 4 Timo Scheider DJ Jan47 2 Gary Paffett
techpond 15 Rahel Frey Aphex232 6 Ralf Schumacher
tailwhip2000 14 Martin Tomczyk Jamezinho 7 Jamie Green
Shadrack Ding1e 18 Filipe Albuquerque Raptor Tempus 16 Maro Engel
Sebastalona 19 Edoardo Mortara HotAgee 17 David Coulthard

SCHEDULE STANDINGS
DRIVER No. TEAM ROUND 1 ROUND 2 ROUND 3 ROUND 4 ROUND 5 TOTAL PTS POS DRIVER TEAM TOTAL PTS
DJ Jan47 2 Mercedes 5 6 5 5 21 5 Raptor Tempus Mercedes 38
Lightsider74 4 Audi 5 6 10 10 6 37 2 Lightsider74 Audi 37
Aphex232 6 Mercedes 8 8 2 8 4 30 3 Aphex232 Mercedes 30
Jamezinho 7 Mercedes 4 1 5 3 3 16 6 tailwhip200 Audi 29
tailwhip200 14 Audi 3 4 8 6 8 29 4 DJ Jan47 Mercedes 21
techpond 15 Audi 6 3 3 1 1 14 7 Jamezinho Mercedes 16
Raptor Tempus 16 Mercedes 10 10 4 4 10 38 1 techpond Audi 14
HotAgee 17 Mercedes 2 2 10 Sebastalona Audi 5
Shadrack Ding1e 18 Audi 1 2 3 9 Shadrack Ding1e Audi 3
Sebastalona 19 Audi 2 2 1 5 8 HotAgee Mercedes 2

TEAM STANDINGS
AUDI 88
MERCEDES 107

Last edited:
Tuesdays and Thursdays are problematic for me as my wife works late. My kids are normally good at going to bed to allow me to get the wheel set up in time, but there are never any guarantees!!

Please put me down provisionally JZ, I'll get a car ready and hopefully be able to attend.

Ok. I can always do the Wednesday if that's better for everyone.

any night bar monday next week for me.

I would like a merc please, I don't know any driver liveries so can you recommend one? Something bold :)

any night bar monday next week for me.

I would like a merc please, I don't know any driver liveries so can you recommend one? Something bold :)

I thought you'd go for the Playboy A4 of Edoardo Mortara. :smashin:

P1000596.jpg

David Coulthard's Merc is bright yellow as you can see from my Brands Hatch photos:

P1000583.jpg

or there is Ralf Schumacher's Salzgitter Merc:

P1000582.jpg

I can give you or anyone else some pointers to some good liveries.

So do we have to do the cars up like the actual ones the drivers drive?

All you have to do is go to the storefront -> buy designs, put in the car make and model and search keyword 'DTM 2011 Couthard'. They cost a few thousand credits to buy but it's as simple as that. I've got a Couthard livery that I can give you a link to.

I'll probably go the Audi to mix it up JZ. Do you have any names for decent liveries on the Storefront?

I'll probably go the Audi to mix it up JZ. Do you have any names for decent liveries on the Storefront?

Yep, check out:

AUDI:

xX SworB Xx for Ekstrom, Tomczyk (the champion, pictured in first post)
JediKi11er for Jarvis, Molina, Scheider, Tomczyk
SnowMaan x Rockenfeller

MERC:

RosbergF1 for Paffett, Stoddart (here you go Matt :love:), Coulthard
D0Mii26 for Schumacher, Spengler
JMJ DC for Engel
Lord Snowden for Engel
F1 Rocket Red for Coulthard, Spengler

There are loads of other good painters out there too, these are the ones that I've bought that stood out to me.

Last edited:
nick501 said:
can we tune the cars Jay?

Yeah sure, adjust the set up however you want.

how much are they? Think I have 1mil, might need to jump on some rival racing to bank some $$$

I think they are 1.2m off the top of my head.

yep im good for this one, sign me up mate. Not sure what car yet. ive got the merc in my garage already so it makes sense to stick with that. :)

No probs. Could with some more Audi drivers really for anyone else that's thinking of taking part.

My motor:

DTM11GREEN.jpg

Jamezinho said:
My motor:

Jamez, who do you use for hosting your pictures? Every time I try and view the larger image in your posts on my iPhone or iPad using the AVF app I get a connection error?

Jamez, who do you use for hosting your pictures? Every time I try and view the larger image in your posts on my iPhone or iPad using the AVF app I get a connection error?

Photobucket. I've never had a problem viewing pictures hosted there on my phone.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom