DTM 2011 - Season 2 21/03/2012 @ 8:45pm (sign-up open)

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Season2DTM2011.jpg

Welcome to season two of the DTM 2011 mini-championship. After a hard fought first season, Raptor Tempus and Mercedes-Benz will be looking to retain their respective titles.....

SEASON ONE DRIVERS CHAMPION - Raptor Tempus
SEASON ONE CONSTRUCTOR'S CHAMPION - Mercedes-Benz

This is a team event where drivers battle for individual and constructor's honours. I'm looking for even teams, ideally 5v5 or 6v6, so entry will be closed once teams are evenly balanced.

THE CARS OF THE DTM 2011

The championship is contested by heavily modified race versions of the Audi A4 and Mercedes-Benz C-Class.

CAR DATA:
Power: Approx 470 hp
Engine: 4.0 V8
Weight: 1050 kg
Gearbox: Two units permitted, produced by Hewland or Xtrac
Brakes: Carbon fibre brakes, pads and callipers by AP
Tyres: Hankook "Ventus" 265/660-R18 Front, 280/660-R18 Rear
Fuel: ARAL Ultimate 102

The cars are represented in Forza 4 as follows....

2011 Audi A4 Touring Car (#02,#03,#04,#05 or #06) - PI R2 833
2008 Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Class Touring Car - PI R2 834

Both cars are race ready and require no further modification. Therefore both cars must remain completely stock, including original wheels.

DTM 2011 Driver Line-up:

Entrants must use an authentic livery as featured on the cars of the 2011 season. Liveries are available on the storefront by searching "DTM 2011" followed by the driver's name. One individual livery per entrant.

For those who took part in the first championship, first refusal will be given on retaining cars and liveries used previously.

DTMDriverLine-up2011.jpg

CHAMPIONSHIP RULES AND REGULATIONS:

Qualifying: There will be a short qualifying session prior to the first race. This will consist of one warm-up lap followed by one 'hot' lap. Results will be based on fastest time first. There will be a roll-off delay to maintain a gap between the cars.

Drivers can use the hot lap to bank a safe, clean time or can push for a faster but potentially dirty lap.

Grid Ordering: The grid order for the first race will be decided by the qualifying results. Subsequent races will be ordered based on reverse lobby points.

Points Scoring: The BTCC points system will be used. See post #2.

Pit stops: All drivers are required to make one mandatory pit stop per race, which can be taken on all but the final lap. Drivers must pit before the final lap i.e. a driver cannot cross the finish line in the pit lane. Failure to pit or pitting on the final lap will result in disqualification and loss of points won from that race. When exiting the pits, stay within the pit exit line to avoid straying into the path of faster traffic.

Damage:
This will be set to 'limited' damage so the usual caution is advised.

Assists:

ABS - available
TCS - available
STM - off
Driving line - available
Transmission - auto or manual
Clutch - auto only, no manual clutch.

** It is advised that assists are used only if absolutely necessary and should only be used as a genuine driving aid, not to improve performance. Drivers are encouraged to use as few assists as possible if they feel comfortable doing so **

Car Set-ups: All aspects of the car's set-up can be adjusted to personal preference.

General etiquette:
- Racing must be approached in a non-contact manner, although light contact is often unavoidable and an accepted part of touring car racing.
- No intentional repeated blocking; drivers may make one change of direction to defend their position. Weaving is not acceptable.
- Do not impede or race faster cars if being lapped.

This event is open to AVF members. Sign up in advance if you wish to take part.

As this is a team-based event, I'm preferably looking for people that can commit to the event from start to finish. The championship should be completed within two hours.

Last edited:
TEAM AUDI TEAM MERCEDES Gamertag Car # Livery Gamertag Car # Livery
Lightsider74 4 Timo Scheider DJ Jan47 2 Gary Paffett
XRT 5 Oliver Jarvis darkwiz066 3 Bruno Spengler
DR Kronenbourg 8 Mattias Ekstrom Aphex232 6 Ralf Schumacher
DeanR32 9 Mike Rockenfeller Jamezinho 7 Jamie Green
tailwhip2000 14 Martin Tomczyk TBA 10 Susie Stoddart
DeltaAlphaEcho 15 Rahel Frey Raptor Tempus 16 Maro Engel
Sebastalona 19 Edoardo Mortara HotAgee 17 David Coulthard
roughtfish 22 Miguel Molina Joelk2Killer 20 Renger van der Zande

HOCK'HEIM SLV'STONE NURB'RING MUGELLO CATALUNYA HOCK'HEIM STANDINGS SCORING
FULL NATIONAL GP SHORT CLUB NATIONAL NATIONAL SYSTEM
DRIVER CAR # TEAM RD 1 RD 2 RD 3 RD 4 RD 5 RD 6 TOTAL PTS POS DRIVER TOTAL PTS
DJ Jan47 2 Mercedes 17 13 20 17 5 72 3 roughtfish 88 1st 20
darkwiz066 3 Mercedes 5 6 8 3 3 3 28 14 Lightsider74 81 2nd 17
Lightsider74 4 Audi 15 17 11 8 10 20 81 2 DJ Jan47 72 3rd 15
XRT 5 Audi 8 7 10 15 6 46 8 Aphex232 72 4th 13
Aphex232 6 Mercedes 9 20 17 20 6 72 4 Raptor Tempus 64 5th 11
Jamezinho 7 Mercedes 11 5 6 9 10 41 11 DeanR32 55 6th 10
DR Kronenb'rg 8 Audi 3 8 3 6 2 11 33 13 HotAgee 48 7th 9
DeanR32 9 Audi 7 13 5 10 11 9 55 6 XRT 46 8th 8
TBA 10 Mercedes 0 16 Sebastalona 44 9th 7
tailwhip2000 14 Audi 10 3 15 7 35 12 DeltaAlphaEcho 43 10th 6
DeltaAlphaEcho 15 Audi 4 9 2 4 7 17 43 10 Jamezinho 41 11th 5
Raptor Tempus 16 Mercedes 13 15 7 13 8 8 64 5 tailwhip2000 35 12th 4
HotAgee 17 Mercedes 20 9 2 13 4 48 7 DR Kronenb'rg 33 13th 3
Sebastalona 19 Audi 2 11 4 9 5 13 44 9 darkwiz066 28 14th 2
Joelk2Killer 20 Mercedes 6 4 1 5 4 7 27 15 Joelk2Killer 27 15th 1
roughtfish 22 Audi 20 10 17 11 15 15 88 1 TBA 0 16th 0

CONSTRUCTORS

TEAM POINTS
AUDI 425
MERCEDES 352

Last edited:
sign me up!

I want to try Mercedes this time but happy to remain in the glamourwagon if needed.

But of course!

same car as last time please Jay.

Need to go into training for this, the last one really was exhausting!

Bring on season 2! Soooooo looking forward to this one. Probably should quit while I am ahead though....

Could you stick me down for the same car please?

There should be scope to switch teams if anyone wants to. I think I'll get numbers nailed down first before I worry too much about the teams, so I may require flexibility from some to balance them if required.

There will be a few small changes for this championship. Firstly I'm going to introduce a pit window to stop cars diving in at the end of the first lap, avoiding fracturing the field early on. It will most likely mean that drivers cannot pit until the end of the third or fourth lap, but it will be the same for every track to keep it simple.

Secondly I'm going to ask that everyone uses automatic clutch. I'm just trying to level the playing field as much as possible to promote closer racing. Nothing personal.:smashin:

Finally there will be a short qualifying session at Hockenheim National prior to the first race at 9pm. The lobby will be open at 8:45 for anyone who wishes to take part. This will decide grid order for the first race.

yes! the long awaited 2012 season! Sign me up please, id like to stick with the merc of Mr R.Schumacher :thumbsup:

I'm in! I'll stick with previous car mate (Edoardo Mortara) although I'm starting from scratch so need to build up some credits.....plenty of time though!.

Im in, i will stick with the no 18 car again.

I'll stick with coulthard thanks :smashin:

These race nights are looking very professional lately. Nice work

Last edited:
I'm in! I'll stick with previous car mate (Edoardo Mortara) although I'm starting from scratch so need to build up some credits.....plenty of time though!.

If you want the Audi gifted let me know. :smashin:

(State which one of the five you need)

Jamezinho said:
If you want the Audi gifted let me know. :smashin:

(State which one of the five you need)

It's cool mate, bought some tokens to replace it!

It's cool mate, bought some tokens to replace it!

You also receive a DTM car when you hit level 43 (the #4 Audi is one of the four to choose from).

its been ages since I've been in Rahel! I wonder if I've still got it :D

of course you do, she'd "love to be the female lewis"....

right up your street then...

put me down for this one (christ 3 wednesdays running of forza!), will use the paffet mercedes mobile again. hopefully wont get stuck on the grid on the 1st race like last time

would love to do this but i work shifts so could only do every other week.
do you guys have random fun races or practice events i could join, what sort of times do the quick guys do?

would love to do this but i work shifts so could only do every other week.
do you guys have random fun races or practice events i could join, what sort of times do the quick guys do?

I take it you're working on the 1st then because this is just a one-nighter rather than a multi-week championship.

Matt is hosting a Renault Clio V6 night this Wednesday. You could always ask if he's still looking for recruits.

yes on late shift on the 1st.

Ok mate, keep an eye out because I'm probably going to run this once a month or about that, so you might be free for the next one.

Any chance I can jump on this? Had a great time last time you organised the Germany Japan race!

Any chance I can jump on this? Had a great time last time you organised the Germany Japan race!

Yep, as long as you can 100% attend and see the night through from start to finish then that's fine.

I'll put you on the Audi team if you don't mind. The following liveries are unused/unclaimed....

Martin Tomczyk
Mattias Ekstrom
Mike Rockenfeller
Oliver Jarvis
Miguel Molina

Cool. So all six rounds on one night? I'll be cool with that mate

Got to get some practice in as I'm usually in the Merc out of the two

Looking forward to this. Gonna go get one and get in race colours!

Cool. So all six rounds on one night? I'll be cool with that mate

Got to get some practice in as I'm usually in the Merc out of the two

Looking forward to this. Gonna go get one and get in race colours!

Last time we ran five rounds and it took about an hour and a half. As long as we get started at 9pm sharpish we should have this done well before 11pm.

The cars are essentially the same underneath and almost identical to drive. If you really want to drive a Merc I'll happily switch to the Audi team.

Let me know what you want to do.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom