1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSPAX750 question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nicke20, Oct 18, 2004.

1. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I had a sony 940 that had the rear channels drop out on occasions so replaced it with a s/h yammy 3090, well as a plasma purchase is becoming ever more likely and i miss dts , and have never had dpl 2x I think its time to buy a new amp. the dspax50 seems to fit the bill nicely especialy the price :) but I have never had any experience of video conversion, I only have sky+ and a pioneer 656A dvd player daisy chained via rgb scart into an old 29" sony 3/4 telly.
    So the questions, is the video switching/ conversion of the amp high enough quality to feed a panny pw6 plasma ? Could I or should I be looking at another way of doing this ? and having never seen picture being fed via component how does it compare to rgb scart ?.
    Oh and finaly you just know that an xbox will turn up eventualy will this pose any problems?
    incase it makes any difference speakers are tannoy r2's and tannoy rc and tannoy r1's with as spares ( i will need these in a 7 speaker set up ) dm601's dm603's and cc6 oh and a rel as the sub
    sorry for the long winded post
    Nick

2. Jimbo73

Jimbo73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I cant speak for the Panny, but I dont notice any difference when going from component direct to my Pio 434 and component via the 750.

The 750 will upconvert composite and S-Video to component, of course it doesn't particularly help as the source is still of a low quality.

It is a great amp and you wont be disappointed - when I first got it I couldn't believe that my rubbish old speakers were actually capable of that kind of SQ. Now I have EVO 3b's and couldn't be happier!

3. Stimpy

Stimpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I concurr that you won't be disapointed with this amp.
    The upconversion works very well.
    I used to upconvert from S-vid to VGA using a pro-V box (to an old LOG pz11 plasma),
    now I use the amp to upconvert from S-Vid to component
    on an LG px11 plasma and the difference is quality is amazing
    Although I will be getting an RGB scart to component convert for Sky+ to improve the source feed even further.
    However the difference between RGB scart and component won't be that much different.
    Sound wise you won't be disappointed. It even sounds good with the volume down.

4. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    thanks for the info guys
    one last question, do yamaha give 12 or 24 month warranty ?

5. Jimbo73

Jimbo73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Bought my titanium one from Richer Sounds, who pricematched it with another store (can't remember which) - I also paid for the extended warrenty (about 20 quid iirc) which covers you for 3 years - and if you dont claim you get the 20 quid back.

Cant fault that! :clap:

6. PeterJay

PeterJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stimpy, did you find the JS RGB-Component box gave better results than the S-video upconversion?, I saw from another thread that you had bought one.

I have to admit I cant see the difference using the JS box myself

Peter

7. Stimpy

Stimpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Havn't go one yet. I havn't been home in the last two months and when I do get home my six year old is hogging the TV so no point at the moment