1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dspax620

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by ted rogers, Oct 13, 2005.

1. ted rogers

ted rogers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just joined and have probably idiot status with first question. i have a dspax620 and.love it but. i cant seem to balance it all. think i might have unusual rears for set up. ihave b and w 603s series3 as mains and kef cresta floorstanders as rears. but need to be on about -9db on rears otherwise they over power front chanels. but doing so i have to crank up the volume to -20db or more to get fronts to move.could be normal. but thinking about getting a pair of dm600s3s as i can move out of the way so they dont burst the ears.

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Although it spunds like a marked difference in sensitivity between your speakers,they actually are quoted as having the same sensitivity at 90dB/W.
    The likely problem may be that your rear speakers are much closer to your listening position,and that may be causing the much higher levels relative to the fronts.

How are the speakers positioned relative to each other,and how close to the listening position?

3. wookie

wookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check that main level is not set to -10db!
    Its in the menu's somewhere..