1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSPA1 No Sound

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by lebreud, Jun 26, 2005.

1. lebreud

lebreud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Anyone
    Own a DSPA1 from new done its job well until yesterday. Simply turned unit on heard the normal starting relay click then the second click a few seconds later which may be some sort of power check etc..???,, Anyway after this and from the point of power up there is no display and no sound..Jogging the selector around and increasing the volume proves futile.... Anyone any ideas or is this a yam jobby.... for info no horrible smells etc unit is power surge protected at source and unit powered off fine the other day when last used.

Many thanks

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    My very first thought is one of the ICs. Sorry I can't be anymore positive, but it is just a best guess.

3. lebreud

lebreud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I searched the forum and found someone who suggested tapping the side of the unit at the front. Amazingly it worked its all ok again have no idea for how long but it has fixed the problem. I thought as a previous suggestion mentioned an IC had blown...but all is ok again.
    I hope this problem has gone away and for now all ok.....

Previous thread cure worked many thanks.....

4. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Well, now I'm thinking dry joints.

But.....if it's working then fantastic.