1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSP-AX750SE vs what speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by wilno, Mar 18, 2005.

1. wilno

Standard Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

Just started setting up the living room as a home theatre and need some advice etc. on speakers - namely the ones I am using and the ones I should be using.

current setup

Sharp XVZ200 DLP - very happy with
    Sony RDR-GX3 DVD - great (didital coaxal connection to amp)
    Yamaha DSP-AX750SE - does what I want it to well (i think)
    THX certified wiring (40 meters) - £30 (bought from singapore and as thick as a babies arm) :thumbsup:

(don't laugh)

DAV-S300 (just the speakers) - these are the speakers that came with the sony surround kit I bought a few years back.

In my study/comp room I have a creative Inspire 5.1 GD580 which cost me just over a £100 and sounds fantastic. I would love the same effect in the living room which is about 2 1/2 X 3 meters sq.

Can anyone budget me some speakers or give me any tips etc. because the effect I am currently getting is not what I had hoped.

also I am currently not using a subwoofer because the one I have got is not compatable with the amp, but I was looking at the Yamaha YST-SW015. Budget wise I would ideally like to spend as little as possible £100 to £300 pounds not including the sub.