1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSP-AX750 audio delay / inputs

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jasper_mccrea, Aug 17, 2004.

1. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi,

does anyone with this amp know if it's possible to set the audio delay differently for separate inputs. I just got a LCD tv, and need about 90ms delay when watching DVD via component, but TiVo through the scart doesn't need any delay. However the audio delay seems to be a global.

I'm assuming the answer is no, and I suppose the solution is to run everything through the video upconversion to get everything in YUV component (which does mean a few more leads to buy, but it might solve the problem.)

Is there anyone else with this problem?

2. andhoey

andhoey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi #1, sorry i cant help with your problem but you could maybe help me. i was thinkin of buyin the yamaha htr5640. is it worth the extra £200 for the 750se to get the lipsync adjusment and the up conversion. have you noticed lipsync problems with other equipment? would i notice the difference with upconversion.
    system :sky box,dvd without comp & prog,screenplay 4800,tannoy fx5.1

3. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I hadn't noticed the need for lipsynyc adjustment until I got the new TV. My DVD isn't prog scan either, but via component I get quite a delay. I don't know about your projector, and wether it will be prone to the problem, so I can't really help. Sorry.

4. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Well, I ran the TiVo via composite out through the component upconversion, and that's solved my lip-sync problems. And the picture's no worse. And I didn't have to buy any new leads, just fiddled with old leads I already had. I'm pleased enough.