DSL morning sickness?

th60

Novice Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had a similar issue? Every morning now, for about two weeks, my computers tell me "No internet" or "Could not resolve DNS". The synch light on my Fritz!Box 7490 is on, though. After a few minutes (between 5 and 20), some sites can be accessed on and off, after that everything works just fine for the rest of the day. Rebooting the router or the computers does not seem to make any difference.
Any ideas?

If for some reason your DNS isn't resolving in the morning due to "morning sickness" you could get it to point to a different one. However make sure you can at least ping your router and try pining your internet gateway if you know it first (or some other address you know by IP Address). This will at least tell you if your connection is up first. proceed to the steps below if this is fine.

if you bring up an command prompt (type cmd in the search bar), type "ipconfig /all" in the command window. You will get something like the listing below

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : A8-5E-45-A7-1D-C5
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::4033:faee:25a6:6545%16(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.100(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 111697477
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-26-BD-AB-07-A8-5E-45-A7-1D-C5
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.11

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

The last line tells you your DNS servers I have two so there are two addresses

When you have this problem, you can also see if it really is the DNS causing the problem. Type "nslookup" you will see the following though your default sever will be different, as will your address in all probability

C:\Windows\system32>nslookup
Default Server: xrayvision.superman.local

Address: 192.168.0.11

If you now type and address at this prompt it will resolve the name to an ip address example below google.com returns 216.58.206.142. So my DNS is working. If your isn't it will return an error.

> google.com
Server: xrayvision.superman.local
Address: 192.168.0.11

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: google.com
Addresses: 2a00:1450:4009:80a::200e

If your DNS does return an error type "server 8.8.8.8 at the command prompt. This will change your DNS server to the the google DNS server address which is of course 8.8.8.8

You can then type the same command again google.com or try another one like bbc.co.uk or any others you choose and see if they return an address. If DNS is the issue the the lookup should be successful. However, all this assumes that your internet connection is fine and only DNS is the issue.

...However make sure you can at least ping your router and try pining your internet gateway if you know it first (or some other address you know by IP Address). This will at least tell you if your connection is up first. proceed to the steps below if this is fine.

The BBC usuallys answers ping - www dot bbc dot co dot uk. These days not all web sites reply to ping - some system admins regard it as a security risk.

Change you DNS server to 1.1.1.1

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom