1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dscaler & Tv-Out on GE-Force MX440

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by cosmic023, Jul 4, 2003.

1. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi All,

I'm enjoying using my PB TV100 tv card for tv duties & dvd duties in my HTPC.

The only problem is video overlays, i can't use the clone mode on my MX440 gfx card to enable the tv-out, so i can send the signals from the tv card out via the tv-out on my gfx card.

I need to feed a signal from the tv-card to my amp, and then onto my main tv set via comp.video.

When i do this Dscaler just goes blank ??

Any ideas ??

Cheers

Cosmic023

PS: Been reading today, it's not possible becasue windows will allow one overlay only, is this right ??

2. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Does anybody have any clues on this one ??

3. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Why do you need to send the signal to the TV capture card to be de-interlaced and scaled, only to be scaled down again and re-interlaced at the TV-out on the graphics card? Why don't you just plug whatever it is you're watching straight into the TV?

4. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi SeaneyC,

Thanks for your info, i want to watch tv on the PC or via another TV set. That is what i'm getting at...........

Since the TV-Card hasn't got a tv out, how do i get the signal out of the PC as s-video to send to the tv.

I could just wire another aerial cable to the tv to solve this matter, but i just thought it would be better going via the tv-out for better quality ??

Cheers

Cosmic023

5. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    To be honest, you'd probably get a better picture wiring the aerial direct to the TV.

The amount of conversion the signal goes through will make the picture look pretty crap IMHO.

6. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi SeaneyC,

Thanks for the tips, that pretty much what i thought after what you had said before, just thought it would be better.

I did think about a vga to rgb converter, and going down that route ?? because i could then send the dscalled picture to the TV as well ?? Does that still suffer from the coversion thing ??

Otherwise i better get a better tv aerial, and a booster to cope with 3 signals then.

Many thanx

Cosmic023

7. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Your TV is an interlaced display device (unless you have one of the 2 or 3 cream of the crop CRT TVs on the market right now that accepts a progressive signal) and the main thing that dscaler does is turn an interlaced signal into a progressive signal. Therefore, when you interlace that signal again, to send it back to the TV, at best, you'll end up with what you started with. At worst, well, it'll be pretty bad.